I outlined a big Q and then filled it in with some scrolls but mostly rolls.
I looked up the meaning of quilling in the big old dictionary I'm using and the meaning in it only applied to sewing. I ended up getting the definition on the internet. I decided to paint the background purple as I started making a butterfly and the colours were soft so I wanted to have a darker colour as the background to make the quilling jump out. It did come out a bit darker than I hoped. I lost some of the pieces of the butterfly and so I changed it to a flower as I only had a few days to finish. I added a stamp bee and some stenciling to finish off the page.
Thanks for stopping by!



This is amazing. I tried quilling one time, and never got the beautiful results you have achieved. I especially like how you treated the Q. This is beautiful.
ReplyDeleteYour Q is full of quilling! Amazing! This was a great word for you to choose. I've never tried quilling, but I always look at it.
ReplyDeleteI tried to do some quilling for an alpha ATC swap I'm doing and found it challenging to say the least so I have lots of respect for the fact that you managed to do such a great page!
ReplyDeleteA lovely illustration of the word Quilling! A perfect choice for crafters, as this is a rather specialised word, only known to discerning crafters...
ReplyDeleteGreat idea for your Q. I'm hopeless at quilling.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful quilling work, love it x
ReplyDeleteSeems I've missed this one. A wonderful take on the "Q".
ReplyDelete