I decided to use the word Ruff; for collar, not the bird. I've always been interested in historical clothing and have sewn for collector dolls as well as people so this was a natural selection for me.
I used Distress inks, a lace doily stencil and a baroque style stamp. I also used a stamp with French text on it for the background. I included a picture of a 16th century ruff collar as well as an image from a painting. My favorite is the cat! The dictionary meaning is on top of some antique lace I had lying around and the dots are actually my masks from the L challenge. I thought they really worked on this. This is probably why I have such a hard time throwing stuff out! The sticker is from an old sticker set I have.
Thanks for looking and I love reading all of your comments.

Great choice of word and I love the cat in his ruff!
ReplyDeleteI did not know that these collars were called a ruff. I wonder if it became shortened from ruffle so that men would wear them as well as women. The cat is so funny. Love your word choice and your pages!
ReplyDeleteWhat an interesting choice of word and it's nice to hear about the relevance it has to you.
ReplyDeletethe cat is hilarious, my favorite too. I either throw hardly anything away because one day it will be usable.
ReplyDeleteSuch a fun page - the cat made me smile!
ReplyDeleteGreat word for the challenge, love the cat.
ReplyDeleteI love the cat too, he adds a fun twist to the page. A great choice of word and a lovely page, Sybil.
ReplyDeleteBTW I laughed at your circles, I never throw anything away either!
A great choice of word and you have depicted it perfectly.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great choice for the letter R. I love the cat x
ReplyDeleteTwo thoughts immediately came to mind as I read your text. First, it's hard for most mixed media artists to throw anything away, so I applaud you for knowing just when to use those masks. Second, as a cat lover, I had to laugh and appreciate the cat in the ruff collar, too. S/he made my day.
ReplyDeleteVery unusual choice of word. The cat with the ruff is fabulous. Love it.
ReplyDeleteLove those images, fabulous word!! Thank you for entering The Craft Barn's Challenge.
ReplyDeleteJane x